Tuesday, November 17, 2009

While At Work

I get to work at 8 o’clock in the morning, most of the time I am usually running about 15 minutes late. Once I get to my desk I start to count down the minutes on the clock. Time just seems to eek by. I’m looking at the clock and it’s 9:52am. This is the time I start thinking about lunch. It already feels like I’ve been here the better part of the day and I try to trick my mind into believing it’s later than what it is. So, what will I have for lunch today? I’m thinking I want something spicy, or maybe I want a nice burger, or pizza is sounding good right about now. It’s been 3 minutes and I already have a decision to make that will get me to 12 o’clock. The only bad thing about this is that I probably won’t be taking a lunch today. Why? Because it seems that when I miss a day I am responsible for making these hours up during my lunch time, so I just sit and watch people come in and out. NO! I buzz them in and out of the office which is even more annoying because some people act like they can’t wait for the buzzer! Anyway, I watch them happily go out for lunch with co-workers or on the phone with a lunch date and come back in well after their allotted hour and I can’t help but to hate them, and this job!!!


It’s 10 o’clock, my boss just left to run an errand or something. The one thing that irritates me the most about my boss is how he can come and go as he pleases, but if I get up to go to the bathroom and LORD forbid the phone ring or someone rings the door bell and he has to walk 2 feet from his office door, I will get a long email about how the phone is my baby and I cannot leave it unattended. I think I am one email away from leaving a bucket of pee next to my desk just to see how serious he is!

One of my favorite hobbies to get me through the day was my smoke break! It’s getting to cold outside now to go out 3 or 4 times a day but I think I will have to get back into that habit. If you sit at a desk for 9 hours a day your ass starts to take the shape of the chair. My brother in-law told me I was finally getting an ass, but I think it is the chair print that is so well defined and imprinted on each cheek giving my butt that “shawty got ass” effect!

It’s 10:05am. I feel like I could complain about my job all day. Maybe I should, I’ve just wasted 13mins I could have spent staring at the stapler on writing. I’ve never done a blog before but trying to figure out what to write about isn’t hard for me. Give me a topic and I’ll go on and on like Erykah Badu!!!

Just buzzed in the Chinese guy that works in the office next door, we are having a potluck on the 19th and for some reason he thought it was last week and brought in a big thing of green beans and an apple pie. Normally, I don’t go eating anyone’s homemade crap, but this pie was smelling right! I put the fact that he may have cats out of my mind and got a piece anyway, and it was delicious. If he does happen to bring those greenbeans in again on Thursday, I will probably pass for fear that they are the same beans from last time! While I’m on the subject of food, let’s talk about when someone brings in a treat for the office.

I get donuts every other Friday, and muffins. Why do these men, yes men, because there are only 4 women her. Why do these men think it’s okay to pick off of a muffin or take 2 and 3 donuts back to their desk for later? That just get’s under my skin!!! The donuts are for EVERYONE damnit!! I was in the kitchen yesterday getting a cookie from the box. One of my bosses and I had gone out to get stuff for the potluck this week and picked up some cookies for the office. Anyway, I go to get a cookie, I grabbed a napkin, mind you I had set out a stack of napkins just so no one would have an excuse to stick their bare hands in the box. Well as soon as I get my cookie with my napkin here comes my co-worker and he just flat out says, “I’m just gonna put my hand in here and grab one.” The first thing out of my mouth was triflin’! I’m not sure if he was offended by it, I usually try my best not to be too blatant when talking to these people, but at that point that was all I could think to say!

It’s now 10:17am. I guess I better pretend to do some work for a while.

2 comments:

  1. LMMFAO!!!! Girl don't let your boss get wind of this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMDAO - I just want you to know that you are freakin hilarious. I can picture you sitting there saying all of this too! LMAO!!!

    ReplyDelete